Bailey's Rocks are a natural formation of giant green granite boulders 38 km south of town on the road to Dergholm. First surveyed and set aside as a reserve in 1875, they are named after John Bailey who established a 1200-acre sheep property on a hill above the rocks in 1888. Families enjoyed picnics here and danced at the Bailey home. A mining company began quarrying the granite from the site in 1970 but a local campaign ended the destruction, though not before some damage had been done. A short signposted side-road on the left leads off the main road to the Rocks. There are picnic facilities.