Working towards greater environmental sustainability and reducing costs West Wimmera Shire has invested in a clean renewable energy source for the Edenhope Depot.
Council was successful in obtaining funding through the Victorian Climate Change Grant 2015 to install solar panels and a power generation tracker.
A solar system was installed and went live March 2017 at the main shed of the Edenhope Depot, Coleraine Edenhope Road, Edenhope.
A Grid-Connect PV system
Panel Capacity 25
SMA Energy Meter1
SMA Home Manager1
Below is a real time details of the energy collected by the solar panels.
Below is the annual consumption and generation details.
Edenhope Workshop Solar Project Outputs:
- Supply & install solar power generation at the Edenhope Depot
- Design of a simple, real time, web based representation of the project
- Active administration and updates of the web page and social media
- Energy saving ideas workshop with community groups
- Develop a plan to build on the project, including ongoing infrastructure investment by Council.
For further information about this project and the installation of solar energy take a look at the video of the Online Information Session with West Wimmera Shire, Contract Manager Bernie Maddern and Electrician David Buckley.