West Wimmera Shire Council (WWSC) is located in Western Victoria and has a strong economy, primarily based on agriculture with growth sectors in health, education and retail. The Shire covers an area of 9,256 square kilometres and includes the townships of Apsley, Edenhope and Harrow to the south of the Shire and Goroke, Kaniva and Serviceton to the north.
The Audit & Risk Committee is an active advisory committee that assists the Council in the effective conduct of its responsibilities for financial reporting, risk management, maintaining a reliable system of internal controls and facilitating ethical development.
Applications are sought from appropriately experienced persons for one (1) vacancy that exists on the WWSC Audit & Risk Committee. The term of office is 4 years.
The following are desirable key qualities of an independent member:
- Financial literacy and, if possible, qualifications in the field of business management or accounting;
- Knowledge of local government operations and the environment in which it operates
- Strong communication skills;
- High levels of personal integrity and ethics; and
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management principles and practices.
This is a paid position. An information pack is available below.
Applications marked private and confidential for this vacancy close at 5pm Friday 21 March 2019 and should be forwarded to Andrea Hayes, Manager Finance, West Wimmera Shire Council, PO Box 201, Edenhope VIC 3318
Applications can be emailed to: email@example.com
For more information contact Andrea Hayes, Manager Finance 03 5585 9900