The Wimmera Southern Mallee Regional Transport Strategy is an evidence-based strategy which:
- Identifies priority transport projects of regional significance.
- Ensures the Wimmera Southern Mallee's transport directions are aligned with state, regional and local policy.
The strategy is owned by the Wimmera Southern Mallee councils, comprising of Buloke, Hindmarsh, Horsham, Northern Grampians, West Wimmera and Yarriambiack. It has been prepared with assistance and input from State Government authorities.
A range of specific projects have been included in the strategy which will improve the region's transport network and support its growth and prosperity. Projects have been selected to:
- Support investment and economic development
- Enhance supply chains and freight efficiency
- Help manage known regional challenges
- Improve accessibility
- Improve safety, health and wellbeing
- Implement other plans and strategies
The strategy also includes an extensive list of other projects which are suitable for funding. These cover all modes of transport, are located across the Wimmera Southern Mallee and range from small to large scale projects.