Feedback for draft concept plans open from 9:00am 08 September until 5:00pm 22 September 2022.
In response to community feedback, Council has begun the process of developing a playspace master plan, for the Apsley Park.
What is the Master Plan?
A master plan is a long-term comprehensive site plan which will guide future investment into the Apsley Park Playspace.
The project aims to produce a masterplan of development that:
- Identifies the structural layout and appearance of the Apsley Park,
- Considers short term actions in addition to long term development aspects,
- Consider the needs of all stakeholders,
- Consider linkage to other play spaces both locally and regionally,
- Considers the demographic of the playspace to ensure that all community members are represented,
- Provides a resource that council and community can use to source funding to develop this playspace in Apsley.
The master plan will be created with school student and community consultation. We want to hear from you about what you would like to see at the Apsley Park.
Draft plan feedback has now closed.
What engagement has already happened?
Council's consultation process has included:
- An online community survey, advertised on the WWSC website, social media, in the Maggie Chatter, and in the West Wimmera Advocate.
- An on-site community consultation meeting.
- In-person consultation sessions at Apsley primary school involving student and staff.
Why is this engagement happening now?
Council has completed the first stage of their planning and is now keen to hear from individuals and groups in our community.
The intended outcomes of seeking feedback will be to:
- Receive feedback on design elements within the landscape plan
- Receive feedback regarding the translation of design principles into practical outcomes – have we designed a public space that is inclusive, safe, welcoming and fun?
How long is the engagement process?
The draft plan will be available for feedback from 08 September until 22 September 2022.
Where can you view the draft plans?
- In person at the Edenhope Customer Service Centre
- On this webpage
How can you give feedback?
- By completing draft plan feedback survey
- By completing a paper copy of draft plan feedback survey at the Edenhope Customer Service Centre
This survey is now closed
Draft plans to view or download
What will we do with the feedback?
Feedback will be summarised and considered by Council.
Feedback might result in suggestions being accepted and changes made to the draft plan or suggestions being noted but not incorporated into the plan.
What happens next?
A report will be developed for Council summarising the process of:
- Developing the plan
- Obtaining feedback – and how the feedback informed planning decisions
The report will be submitted to Council seeking endorsement and if/when there are funding opportunities, the staged implementation of the plan.