West Wimmera Shire Council’s 2022-23 draft budget and annual plan were endorsed by Council at its meeting on 18 May and are now on public exhibition for community feedback.
About the budget
The West Wimmera Council 2022-23 draft budget is a responsible financial plan, focused on delivering the best outcomes for the West Wimmera Shire community.
The 2022-23 draft budget has total income of $31.257 million and a total expenditure of $31.257 million. The capital works program will be $11.273 million, which is up from $8.075 last year. This money will be spent on infrastructure ($7.26 million), plant and equipment ($1.66 million) and property ($2.35 million). The draft budget includes a rate cap increase of 1.75%, which is an increase of $27.59 to the base average rate for the previous year.
Key features of 2022-23 draft budget and annual plan
- Edenhope Early Childhood Service
- Electric vehicle charging points installed in Edenhope and Kaniva
- Development of Waste Management Strategy
- Upgrade heating and cooling at Kaniva Shire hall
- Support activities to control pest animals in farming and township areas
- Deliver Annual Roads and Infrastructure Maintenance Program
- Continue to extend Council's footpath network, including Roach Street and Lake Street
- Partner with state and regional bodies to improve the availability of housing options in the shire
- Seek funding for a Municipal Arts Strategy
- Masterplan feasibility study for Edenhope Airport
- Review and implement updated Community Strengthening Grants program
- Seek funding to upgrade Hawkers-Goodwins Road
- Minor street lighting upgrades
- Continue to support renewable energy projects
Seek funding for the following projects:
- Edenhope football changerooms and lighting upgrade
- Harrow netball/tennis courts and lighting upgrade
- Edenhope playspace
- Goroke oval irrigation/fence upgrade
- Apsley playground
Deliver projects if funding applications are successful (funding applications already submitted):
- West Wimmera Cabin Project
- Edenhope Caravan Park upgrade
- Apsley netball/tennis court and lighting upgrade
- Edenhope Equine Facility
- Enabling Tourism - Destination Harrow
- Enabling Tourism - Serviceton Railway Station
How you can be involved
Read Council’s 2023-23 draft budget and annual plan
Read both documents below or or pick up a copy at Council’s Customer Service Centres, 25 Baker Street, Kaniva, or 49 Elizabeth Street, Edenhope.
Read the 2022-23 draft budget here(PDF, 2MB)
Community members are invited to provide feedback in relation to the draft budget 2022-23 and the annual plan 2022-23. Council will consider community feedback prior to adoption of the budget.
If you have a proposal or bid you would like Council to consider as part of its future budgets, please submit this via Council’s Innovation Platform here or by completing a form at either of our Customer Service Centres.
Proposed Budget 2022-23 feedback must be received by Council by no later than 5pm on Tuesday 14 June 2022. To provide feedback, fill out the form below.
Public feedback form
Council will consider all feedback it receives from the community on the 2022-23 draft budget and annual plan. Council will look to formally adopt both documents at its Council meeting on June 15, 2022.