Senior Citizen of the Year 2020
Each year West Wimmera Shire Council acknowledges the significant achievements and contributions of those in our community aged 60 and over with the Senior Citizen of the Year Award, which is presented at the annual Seniors Concert.
Senior Citizen of the Year 2020 award ceremony
The 2020 award ceremony was livestreamed on Thursday, October 29 at 11am. Click play on the video below to watch the recording.
Following the announcement of the 2020 Senior Citizen of the Year Award, please enjoy some online entertainment provided by Orlando Combo, a swing and jazz band from Melbourne.
Click here to watch
Just press "play all" and it will play through
Previous award winners
Previous winners of this award are:
- 2019: Mr Lachlan Turner
- 2018: Mrs Elaine Bull
- 2017: Mrs Frances Ryan
- 2016: Mr Barry "Butch" Witmitz
- 2015: Mrs Deanna Farranfield
- 2014: Mr Don Forster
- 2012: Mrs Dorothy White
Who is eligible to be nominated for this award?
The nominee must:
- Be a resident of West Wimmera Shire
- Be aged 60 years or more
- Have made an outstanding contribution to the community since turning 60
What are the selection criteria?
Selection criteria include the following:
- Nominee makes a difference to community wellbeing
- Nominee has a positive attitude towards ageing – they continue to be active in the community and encourage others to do the same
- Nominee may be an unsung hero in the community
How can I nominate someone for this award?
Complete the Senior Citizen of the Year nomination form, and tell us why this person deserves to be the West Wimmera Shire Council Senior Citizen of the Year.
Nominations open each year in August.