Permit to Burn

During the fire danger period, no fires are to be lit in the open without a permit to burn. Permits are only given to the burning of grass and stubble. If you wish to burn during this period you must apply for a permit to burn with the Country Fire Authority for approval.

  • Applications must be lodged five days before proposed day of burning.
  • No burning is to commence before the issue of a valid permit.

You can apply for Permits online through the Fire Permits Victoria website