Pay your rates
Rates can be paid in FULL by 15th February 2024 OR by FOUR INSTALMENTS as follows:
- FIRST - 30 September 2023
- SECOND - 30 November 2023
- THIRD - 28 February 2024
- FOURTH - 31 May 2024
Making a payment
FlexiPay provides quick and easy payment of your rates notice. You can also set up a weekly, fortnightly, monthly, or quarterly payment schedule.
Payments can be made via credit card or bank account.
To create a payment schedule or to make a one off payment of your rates notice, click here.
Please note, you will require your eNotices Reference Number which can be found at the bottom of your rates notice.
Pay with FlexiPay here
The Municipal Rates Concession offers a discount on council rates up to a yearly maximum for eligible concession card holders. Please complete the Municipal Rates Form and submit at the Shire offices in Edenhope or Kaniva. You must present with your concession card.
Municipal rates concession application form
How much is this concession?
This concession offers a discount on municipal rates up to a yearly maximum which is indexed every year.
2023-24: Pension Concession Rebate is 50% up to a maximum of $253.20.
What concession cards are eligible?
Eligible cards are:
- Pensioner Concession Card — issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans' Affairs
- Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card — War Widow (WW)
- Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card — Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI).
Please Note: A Health Care Card does not entitle the holder to a rate reduction.
Are there any other criteria?
Yes, for you to be able to claim a concession on your municipal rates and charges you must ensure that:
- You have any one of the eligible concession cards and your card is valid at the time of application, and
- You are the person responsible for payment of the account, and
- Your name is on the account, and
- Your name and address on the account matches that on the concession card.
How many properties can I claim for a concession?
You can claim for one property only. Eligible cardholders can only claim a concession on their principal place of residence. For the purpose of this concession, the address on the concession card will be considered as your principal place of residence.