West Wimmera Shire has numerous opportunities for residents, and even visitors, to contribute to the overall wellbeing of their community by supporting the efforts of the many local organisations that use or need volunteers.
Volunteering is vital in our communities, without volunteers much of the work which happens in our communities would never be realised by using a paid workforce.
West Wimmera Shire is responsible for a variety of volunteer programs including:
How can I help?
Complete the Volunteer Application form below online, or download and return it to a Council Service Centre or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please call 13 WWSC (13 99 72) to speak to our Volunteer Support Co-ordinator.
Start your Volunteer Application online here
West Wimmera Shire Council would like to say thank you to all of the past, present and future volunteers within our community who have worked hard to make our shire a better place to live.
We Support Volunteering to:
• Provide personal development opportunities for individuals
• Develop and strengthen the links between Council and the community
• Tap into skills, experience, talents, energies, ideas and knowledge of people in our community
• Enable Council to extend and expand services
Volunteers connect closely with local communities to help build vibrant places to live, work and play.
A Volunteer is a person who:
• Benefits the community, Council and themselves by participating in volunteer programs
• Provides their services of their own free will
• Does not receive any monetary reward
• Complements, but does not replace or threaten the livelihood of paid workers
Volunteering is a formal activity that is undertaken:
• To be of benefit to the community and the volunteer
• For no financial payment
• In designated volunteer positions.
Benefits of Volunteering
• Share your own knowledge and skills with others
• Meet new people and expand your networks
• Be involved in activities and programs that make a real difference to your local communities
• Gain new skills and experience in an area of interest that can create a pathway to employment
Volunteering at Council enables you to:
• Meet new people
• Get work experience
• Share your skills, life experience and expertise with the community
• Stay active and involved in your community
• Learn new skills or maintain current skills; and
• Support a cause
Download our Volunteer Handbook and Application Form
Current Volunteer Vacancies