Temporary and mobile food operators


Anybody wanting to operate a mobile food van or temporary food premises must be registered with Streatrader and fill out an online application form.

Moblie food vendor infographic.jpg


Streatrader is a website that allows statewide registration and notification of temporary/mobile food premises, private drinking water carters and food vending machines. The statewide registration applies to all businesses, community groups and not-for-profit organisations.

How to register

Go to Streatrader website at least two weeks prior to conducting an event. You will need to create your login (unless you already have one, in which case you just simply fill in your username and password). Once your login details are complete, you will automatically enter the Streatrader website. Streatrader will guide you through the process until you're ready to hit the lodge button.

Application for mobile food vendor

After you have registered with Streatrader, please complete an application for mobile food vendor.

Your application must include a site plan, confirmation of your Streatrader registration, certificate of currency for your Public Liability insurance and an emergency management plan. You can download a template of an emergency management plan here: Emergency-Management-Plan-Template.docx(DOCX, 55KB)  

For more information please contact Council’s Environmental Health Officer on 13 WWSC (13 99 72) or email eho@westwimmera.vic.gov.au.

Footpath trading

For temporary events or food premises where tables and chairs are to be setup on the footpaths a permit from Councils Local Law Office is required. Please refer to the Local Laws webpage for further information.