Maternal and child health
What is maternal and child health?
A specialised health care service provided by maternal and child health nurses to all children from infancy to five years and their parents.
Maternal and Child Health nurses are registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency and hold qualifications in registered nursing, midwifery, family and child health, and immunisation.
This service includes:
- Open centre sessions and home visits.
- Children's developmental assessments at key ages and stages.
- Immunisation information and administration.
- Education, health and wellbeing.
- Enhanced maternal and child health service
- Information and resources for families with infants and children up to school entry.
- Perinatal mental health support
West Wimmera Shire has maternal and child health clinics in Edenhope, Goroke, Harrow and Kaniva.
Maternal and child health clinics
Tuesdays 9am - 4pm, by appointment
49 Elizabeth Street, Edenhope VIC 3318
1st, 3rd & 5th Wednesdays of the month 1pm - 3pm, by appointment
Goroke Community Health Centre (West Wimmera Health Service)
Natimuk Road, Goroke, 3412
2nd & 4th Mondays of the month 10am - noon, by appointment
Bush Nursing Centre, Blair Street, Harrow VIC 3317
Fridays 9am - 5pm, by appointment
25 Baker Street, Kaniva VIC 3419
Monica Feder - 0472 866 754
Judy Harrington - 0428 595 725
Mardi Greifhahn - 0460 955 651