Senior Citizen of the Year
Nominations for the 2022 awards are now open.
Each year West Wimmera Shire Council acknowledges the significant achievements and contributions of those in our community aged 60 and over with the Senior Citizen of the Year Award, which is presented at the annual Seniors Concert.
Who is eligible to be nominated for this award?
The nominee must:
- Be a resident of West Wimmera Shire
- Be aged 60 years or more
- Have made an outstanding contribution to the community since turning 60
What are the selection criteria?
Selection criteria include the following:
- Nominee makes a difference to community wellbeing
- Nominee has a positive attitude towards ageing – they continue to be active in the community and encourage others to do the same
- Nominee may be an unsung hero in the community
How can I nominate someone for this award?
Complete the Senior Citizen of the Year nomination form, and tell us why this person deserves to be the West Wimmera Shire Council Senior Citizen of the Year.
Forms are available via the link below or hardcopies are available at the Kaniva and Edenhope customer service centres.
Download a PDF copy of nomination form(PDF, 553KB)
Previous award winners
Previous winners of this award are:
- 2021: Annie Osborn
- 2020: Ian Hiller
- 2019: Lachlan Turner
- 2018: Elaine Bull
- 2017: Frances Ryan
- 2016: Barry "Butch" Witmitz
- 2015: Deanna Farranfield
- 2014: Don Forster
- 2012: Dorothy White