My Aged Care
If you need some help around the house or think it’s time to look into aged care homes, My Aged Care is here to help.
My Aged Care is the starting point to access Australian Government-funded aged care services to assist with day to day activities around the house. There are many services available which can help you maintain a good quality of life as you get older.
My Aged Care provides:
- Information on the different types of aged care services available
- An assessment of needs to identify eligibility and the right type of care
- Referrals and support to find service providers that can meet your needs
- Information on what you might need to pay towards the cost of your care
What services are available through My Aged Care?
Care at home
My Aged Care can help you access services at home which can improve your wellbeing and help you stay independent. Receiving help with regular activities at the right time can help you manage better at home.
You may be eligible to receive services such as:
- personal care like help with getting dressed
- modifications to your home like hand
- rails or ramps
- nursing, physiotherapy and other care
- household jobs like cleaning or gardening
- equipment like walking frames
- social activities
My Aged Care can also help you access short term care services for situations such as:
- recovery from an accident or illness, including after a hospital stay
- when you have had a setback and want to get your independence back
- when you or your carer needs a break (respite care)
Care in an Aged Care Home
If you find you need ongoing help with day-to-day tasks or health care, a residential aged care home lets you live in a supported environment where help is available 24 hours a day.
How to access My Aged Care
The first step to access government-funded aged care services is to check your eligibility for a face-to-face assessment.
You can call our friendly and knowledgeable contact centre staff to talk about your needs on 1800 200 422.
Or you can apply online.
Apply Online Here
Please note: If you have previously registered with My Aged Care, you cannot use the online form and will need to call My Aged Care.
If your application is successful, you will be referred for a face-to-face assessment.
Assessments are done in person, at your own home.
After your face-to-face assessment, you will find out if you’re eligible for government-funded services – and if so, which ones you're eligible for.
The cost of aged care services varies from person to person. It depends on the care you are eligible for, the aged care provider you choose, and your financial situation.
While the Australian Government may contribute to the cost of your care, you will also be asked to contribute if you can afford to.
For more information
www.myagedcare.gov.au or call 1800 200 422
Helpful Links and Contacts