West Wimmera Shire Council is recruiting for a suitably experienced and/or qualified candidate as independent member for our Audit & Risk Committee. This position is for a term of three years.
The Audit & Risk Committee is an active advisory committee that assists the Council in the effective conduct of its responsibilities for financial reporting, risk management, maintaining a reliable system of internal controls and facilitating ethical development.
The following are desirable key qualities of an independent member:
- Financial literacy and experience and/or qualifications in business management and/or accounting;
- Knowledge of local government operations and the environment in which it operates;
- Strong communication skills;
- High levels of personal integrity and ethics; and
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management principles and practices.
This is a paid position. An information pack is available here Information-Pack-Independent-Member-May-2020.pdf(PDF, 832KB).
Applications must be received by 5pm (AEST) Friday 29 May 2020 and may be submitted electronically or by mail to:
Director Corporate and Community Services
West Wimmera Shire Council
PO Box 201
Edenhope VIC 3318